Sunday, April 29, 2012

Time of Our Lives

One of my passions in life is music.  Some of my favorites memories from childhood revolve around music.  I remember riding in the combine listening to Putting on the Ritz with my dad.  Mom and I used to rock out to Elvis on the weekends.  I starting dancing when I was 3.  I remember my Uncle David listening to The Sex Pistols and Dead Kennedys when I was in grade school.  I married a lover of music as well.  We grew up in high school being molded by Mr. Todd in the weight rooms listening to classic rock.  We Didn't Start the Fire, the lyrics, were a test in US History. 
To this day music is still a major part of our lives.  Our Pit Bulls name is Stella Blue, a beautiful Grateful Dead song.  We spend more money on concert tickets then we do on just about anything.  And here we are on a Sunday afternoon watching Paladia, Green Day, loving every minute of it and telling stories of concerts gone by.
These are the things that I fear I wont be able to share with our children. 

No comments: